Friday, June 08, 2007

juLiA siLkA is moving to LA
blog fundraiser chain letter experiment
After six years in NYC, I’m moving again. This time to LA! I'm transferring with Ogilvy. What better occasion for a blog, fundraiser chain letter experiment? Heads up: that means I'm asking you for a charitable donation and/or to send this to someone you think may be interested in this cause.

My goal is to raise $101,000 for some of the world’s most vulnerable children by Christmas. So far, I’m at $28,503.57, which leaves a mere $72,496.43 to go.

I searched long and hard for a charity till I set my sights on Raising Malawi. (RaisingMalawi.org) Its mission is to literally raise the entire country by bypassing the crap bureaucracy and administration of many not-for-profit organizations and channel funds directly to a few select community-based organizations that show real promise to be able to make an immediate difference.

I visited many of these CBOs this past February and can vouch they are set up to help orphans and vulnerable children. They are genuine in heart, demonstrate solid money and resource management and could really rock the planet if only they had the financial support.

If you don’t know Malawi, it’s a little sliver of a country in sub-Saharan east Africa. The government is, alas, not corrupt. The people are loving. Malawi is nicknamed “the warm heart of Africa”.

If you’d like to help, here’s what to do:

STEP 1: Make a tax-deductible donation by:

Check: make payable to Raising Malawi.
Send to: 1062 South Robertson Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035 Attn: Philippe Van Den Bossche

Credit: click here to make a donation online at raisingmalawi.org

Step 2: After you donate:

Please email me (jsilka@yahoo.com) with the amount so I can count it against my goal.

Thank you for being someone who makes a difference in the world. Your donation will literally save lives.

No comments: