Wednesday, August 01, 2007

My corporate housing days are coming to a close. I have to be out by 8/7, which is crap if you ask me. They say that's 60 days, but I swear I moved in on 6/11, so I should get to stay through 8/11 and not have to move out on a Wednesday.

I called the corporate housing people and they called WPP and you know what? They said no problem. They'll give me till 8/12, so that's good. Meantime, I signed a lease on a new apartment in Playa del Rey. If my Spanish doesn't fail me, that means Sunny Beach? Beach of the Sun? Which would make sense given that I am a 2-minute walk to the Pacific Ocean, God Bless America!

Here're my new digs:



That's the back of the complex. I'm in one of the back apartments...by the pool.

Here's that:





If you turn your head to the right when you first enter the pool area, you'll see this:



And if you feel an immediate need to sit for some reason, you can go here:


In the pictures it looks pretty suburban. I hope I can stomach it. It's just another year of "temporary" living in my book.....Definately not home.

I delegated finding me a new place to David, who made things happen in the last possible second. He knows me better than anyone. I like to gripe about it first, but I'm most certainly grateful for his help.

I drove him to the airport on Monday where he would be flying off in first class for his next secret big mission. When we said our quick goodbyes, there was a split second of truly connecting between us -- we were both caught off guard and -- I'm talking a sliver of split second -- we actually saw each other. I wonder if he remembers. I loved it more than anything.

3 comments:

Belladonna622 said...

Totally know the pain of withdrawl from corporate housing to the real world...total bummer! Wonder if there is some sort of algorithm that can prove increased productivity ROI by allowing all employees to remain in corporate housing for a year....just enough time to figure out if you like the gig, the people and the place.

Anonymous said...

Hey Julia,
I hope you're well. I finally sent out my own fundraising email on malawi to my group of friends. Hope that turns up something for the cause. Last time was ok.
your place in playa del rey looks great - fyi 'rey' in spanish means king. Just wanted to let you know. playa is correct - beach.

cool.
I'm doing great. working hard and enjoying the summer here.

stay strong - I'm happy for you.
best,
ed

stay strong! and

Unknown said...

For flexible accommodations, I've used http:www/TCHNetwork.com in the past and it worked well, without a hitch. I travel for business quite a bit, and instead of staying in a hotel, I typically hop on this site, find & book corporate housing within a few minutes