Saturday, September 01, 2007

Celebrities. LA is crawling with them.

I met Fabio yesterday on a Virgin America flight between LAX and JFK. He was super charming. Sexier than I would've imagined. Ladies, I'm sure you don't think you'd succumb to the charms of the stereotypical Fabiman, but lemme tell you, when he pulls you in to his buffness, you can't believe you're not butter. Just look at me. I'm positively blurred in his presence.

David took the maiden non-stop VA flight between LAX and JFK this past Wednesday. Guess who he sat next to? He said they had a nice chat. Sir Richard B even wrote down some of his ideas! Always working it.


It's celebrity madness out there. I went to the DMV in Culver City last week and stood in line behind Mario Van Peebles. I knew it was Mario Van Peebles because when it was his turn to talk to the DMV guy, he stretched out his hand and said, 'Hi. I'm Mario Van Peebles'. I understand he's an actor. By the looks of this photo, I'd say he might also be a ventriloquist, but the caption says that this is actually his son. He had his daughter with him at the DMV. She is positively striking for an 11 year old.

Last month, David met one of his TV heroes, David Walliams from BBC's Little Britian flying in first on British Airways from LA to London.

What else? Lessee....last Thursday, David scored us VIP tickets to Corteo, Cirque du Soleil opening night in LA. We saw the same show when it opened last April in NYC. In New York, I remember Uma Thurman and Edie Falco (Sopranos) as the highlights.
In LA, Florence Henderson was first to arrive at the bigtop. Much to my horror, David started singing the Brady Bunch when she passed. The other of the more interesting celeb sightings that night was Ray Liotta from GoodFellas. My camera died at that point, so no pix.


There's more, but I'm getting tired. Oh! My friend Eveyln got skybox tickets to see the Dodgers play about a month and a half ago. When we got there, Tommy Lasorda bumped us from the box! He invited Ray Romano. The attendents said some of us could share the box with them, but we didn't want to break up our group. So we booed them when they came on the jumbotron. Tom Hanks was there that night. We cheered him.

I also saw Sanjaya, Cathy Griffin and Billy Baldwin on various flights out to LA this past three months.

OK. I got that out of my system. Next post will be about Raising Malawi.

No comments: