Friday, February 15, 2008

I Am Because We Are

Madonna's new documentary is out! It's called, "I Am Because We Are," a title inspired by Desmond Tutu's words.

I was in Malawi when they were filming it. There is so much story to tell. I wonder how they can possibly tell it all in 80 minutes. I can't wait to see it. It features many of my heroes -- Jeffrey Sachs, Paul Farmer, Bill Clinton, Madonna and most importantly the brave and happy children of Malawi.

Here is a trailer. Advanced kudos to Nathan Rissman who directed it. I already know it's an excellent piece of work. He shared with us so many amazing, heart-wrenching, awe-inspiring stories when he got back to the lodge after long days of filming. I never told those stories because I didn't feel they were mine to tell. But now that this documentary is out, you'll see what I saw and live some of what I lived.

And I hope there are some of you reading this who will want to join me in making a difference for some of the children who need it most.


TRAILER BEING UPLOADED...


Click here to learn more.

No comments: