Monday, July 28, 2008

Thank you Bob, Leah and Rivka!

I saw that Mr. Bob Tse donated $50 bones to Raising Malawi and DIDN'T TELL ME! I just noticed his face among my Facebook donors. Here's Bob. I took this picture of him in Hawaii on his 40th birthday. He was my client at Novartis when I was a planner at Lowe before I got canned.

One thing I can say about Bob is that you can count on him through thick and thin. If he says he'll do it, he'll do it.

We used to hang out at DTUT, a coffee shop on the Upper East Side in NYC, and catch up on work on Saturday mornings. We'd do a lot of super geeky personal goal-setting, too. We still set goals and then mail them to each other for a POV (or ideally, applause). It's this kind of planning that had us run a marathon together in New Orleans. Me full, him half. He did however kick my butt in San Francisco (our first marathon - MY IDEA) - him full, me half. We are super-competitive with ourselves and each other. Even so, my 2008 goals are way better than his. Did I thank you yet, Bob? Small oversight. Many thanks for the donation on behalf of all the little 'Malawians'.

No segue into this next bit of thanks, which goes out to two of the girls from my Fundraising Malawi weekly brainstorming pow-wows.

Leah Reynolds donated $221 (here's her picture from our 'end of poverty campaign')


and Rivka (Meital) Levi donated $202



And so...a quick roll on the drum, we can add $473 from last week, which brings our total raised to date to:

33,896.29
+ 473.00
__________
$34,369.29

No comments: