Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thanks Nana and Donna and Aunt J!


Wow. Matthew here again. I barely had to do anything and already I'm close to my goal to raise $1,000 to build clean water wells in Ethiopia. I'm part of a very cool fundraising effort for people with birthdays in September. Click here to see trailer. This guy named Scott Harrison had the idea two years ago to make a difference in the world using his birthday. (Sound familiar?) If you have a birthday in September, you might want to do this too! (go to: borninseptember.org)

I turn 8 on Sept 28th so I'm using my birthday to raise at least $1,000. My Aunt Julia donated (33x8 for Scott's age and my age), and her good friend Donna from Dallas and ex-roommate from grad school must've read her blog and donated my age x10, and nana heard about it and donated my age x4 and is spreading the word around her work now. Plus, there is a matching donor on the site who is doubling everything!

I know Aunt Julia spends a lot of time with Raising Malawi trying to figure out how to help them raise money for their programs. She works with smart people who can maybe help her build a site experience like this to help with fundraising. It's ridiculously inspiring and smart. They even have advertisers! I think I'll mention it.

No comments: