Monday, January 12, 2009

An Easy Way to Help Raise $10K for Raising Malawi by Jan 26. Please Vote!

Visit http://www.myspace.com/impactawards and vote every day till 1/26 for Raising Malawi to win a $10K grant! Please let me know you voted by commenting on this post. If I help to generate enough votes, I can count this win toward my $101K goal. Please vote! It can make a real difference in the lives of impoverished children. So once again:

Go to myspace.com/impactawards

Vote for Raising Malawi today and every day thru January 26.



On a side note, I think the IMPACT awards is a cool campaign - your vote being as impactful as a dollar. Then again, social currency may be deemed even more valuable these days. December's winner, PostSecret, is one of my all-time favorites. They donated their winnings to a very terrific cause. From the Founder:

PostSecret is a collection of over 250,000 artful secrets mailed from around the world to my home on postcards. I share this collection with people on the web, in the four best-selling books and through traveling PostSecret Events at college campuses. I believe that we all have secrets and by sharing our deepest secrets, the ones that hide from us, we are able to find healing for ourselves and serve our communities. This year PostSecret has helped raise over $500,000 for the National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1(800)SUICIDE. - (J. Silka's postcard would say, "I called it in 1985") - I am honored that PostSecret has won the MySpace IMPACT award, and having worked as a volunteer for HopeLine in the past, I am happy to announce that the entire $10,000 prize will go to HopeLine for being there for the MySpace community, and all of us. - Frank Warren, Founder, Post Secret

PostSecret - PostSecret - Happy Holidays?

No comments: