Thursday, September 14, 2006

From left to right, that's Fred, Sophie, Joan and June. They were instructors in my leadership training at Landmark. Joan is my mentor and inspiration, even though I really disagree with that turtleneck she is wearing.

She used to call me one of the "Animal Girls". I believe I was head animal for registering so many people into this course. As a part of this training, I am actually aligned with the possibilty of transformation of life itself by the year 2020.

Joan is my hero. Joan used to tell us all the time, "the planet is burning!" In other words, Do the work. Deal with your junk. Get a bigger life and share your bigger life with others who could use one. And do it now. There is no tomorrow. Now is the only thing that is real. Get moving!

Joan once shared with a group of us that she created the possibility of being "Used Up and Loving It" as a way of Being in her life.

I love it. I am sooooo tired right now. I am used up and ready for bed....and yet, I have so so much still to do. I don't know how I'll meet my deadlines.

And that's my lie. Woe is me that I got super busy out of the blue. Sometimes, you just have to do the work. When I was in school, I would bury my face in bowls of ice and drink coffee and eat peanut m&ms and pull all-nighters as a regular practice to cram for exams after putting in a full day of work.

And now, I don't know how to meet my deadlines tomorrow?!

How about by being "used up and loving it" just like Joan.

You get what your heart desires. If you really desire it, you do whatever it takes to make it so.

I very much desire being someone as powerful as Joan (or Sophie). The night has only just begun. Quit the crying already, Silka! Break's over.

No comments: