Saturday, May 05, 2007

Avocado Hate Crimes

My life is coming at me a thousand miles an hour. I'm transferring to our LA office and still finishing up/transitioning off business in NYC. I'm also helping on a new biz pitch re: Hass avocados.

I sent out a company-wide survey on Friday to help us with the pitch. It said, "Avocado eaters, we need your help! Please click on this link and answer a few questions about the mighty avocado. We need your insights ASAP!" sort of thing. Well....the link was attached to the wrong survey. It was attached to a survey I wrote re: NY Hate Crimes. Thankfully, the link wasn't live and we got the problem corrected pretty quickly, but I can't help but think of the consequences had that link been live.

Consider the hate crimes brief. Here's the sentiment, courtesy the brilliant Mr. Spike Lee and brilliantly delivered by Ed Norton:



So, David and I were goofing around just now about that campaign we would have to make for the Avocado commission had this survey actually been live. I present to you, the :30 spot on the Avocado. ;)

No comments: