Sunday, December 03, 2006


I have some ideas swirling around for my next fundraisers:

1. A NYC benefit show -- mini skits/improv/comedy. $15-20 admission. My friend Kasha is connected to lots of performers (i know some too from my improv class). Kasha knows the ins and outs about booking venues in the city and pulling this sort of thing off, so she promises to be an awesome resource. I'm thinking spring 2007.

2. A pay-it-forward video. This idea is inspired by my friend Donna from grad school. I'm going to go to Malawi early next year to document what we're doing there as well as the impact of our contribution on the people in this village.

The fundraiser concept is to burn several DVDs of this short documentary (with 'thank yous' to some of the donors by name!)....give it to a handful of those who have already donated and ask them to pay it forward within their social network. It's like a chain letter. You're asked to watch video, make donation (optional) and hand it off to someone else. I'll be the first and last person on the list so I can track how well each video does to raise add'l funds for the cause. This is also timed for late spring/early summer, as I have to get to Malawi first.


3. A charity day at the Neverland Ranch. I was in London yesterday (I'm in Frankfurt now). David met me for the London portion of my world travels....We went to see Madame Toussaud's wax museum. It was actually kind of a bust. There's a good Angelina Jolie wax likeness, but Brad looks like a melting monkey. There was also a bad waxed Michael Jackson. It sparked an idea, though -- MJ loves children. He's all about "healing the world." (it's one of his videos). And he has that cool theme park....so, what can it hurt to write him a letter? I'm going to do that in two weeks during Chanukah -- when the energy of miracles is all around!

Keep on with the force, don't stop.
Don't stop till you get enough (click here).

Keep on with the force don't stop
Don't stop 'til you get enough
Keep on with the force don't stop
Don't stop 'til you get enough
Keep on with the force don't stop
Don't stop 'til you get enough
Keep on with the force don't stop
Don't stop 'til you get enough

No comments: