Friday, February 23, 2007

Malawi is just snapping with energy. It's so powerfu! I can't even begin to explain it.

This is a particularly sweet memory for me. We were at the Home of Hope Orphanage, which every time anyone said it (Home of Hope), I heard "homophobe" and then I'd have to scold myself for being so juvenile.

Home of Hope is where Madonna adopted her baby. There are 500 children here being cared for by two of the loveliest people you can imagine, the Reverend and his wife. Only thing is, it's really a 2:500 ratio. Not so many adults looking after the children. There are several volunteers helping out, but it's just not enough.

It's February, wet season in Malawi. This happens every day. And it's delightful! You can actually see the rain rolling in over the hills. And then you run for it. Unless, you're a little orphaned angel like our girl here who waits to be rescued by a fellow baby.

All the stories at Homophobe are amazing! I met some incredibly dear children. I'll upload their pictures and videos and tell you more in a bit. For now, I bring you the rain.

No comments: