Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Goal: The Day Is Near



I've had a busy year. Is it possible to progress and regress at the same time? I think that's what happened to me.



Progression:

- I made an even bigger financial commitment to help the orphans of Malawi
- I went to Malawi to confirm the funds we are sending are truly making a difference
- I came up with sooooo many great fundraising ideas for 2007

Regression:

- I implemented soooo few great fundraising ideas in 2007
- I stopped believing I could meet my goal
- I started focussing more on my new LA life -- my new job, my new car, my new apartment, my my my -- than on helping orphans who don't have access to clean water or school or health care or food or clothes or books or or or.

I'm not going to beat myself up about it. But I am quietly amazed at how I could so easily put the faces of the desperate children I met so far in the back of my mind.

I have less than a month to go. I'll post a Raising Malawi update tomorrow.

After I get my laundry done and house cleaned and presents bought and bills paid and nails done and workout in and and and ... stay tuned.

No comments: