Monday, December 03, 2007

Manhattan Apartment: Rent for Charity

Cha-ching. Another donation to Raising Malawi -

I rented my studio in NYC out during the month of October for a charitable donation to Raising Malawi.

I opened it to a friend of a best friend, so I couldn't ask for rent. But I love this idea of asking for charity. My friend and "tenant" Rose from Vancouver donated $1,000 Canadian in gratitude for the stay (which is what these days? $7,000? :) OK, more like $1,080). She told me the place worked out great.

I plan to do this more, so, if you need a place to stay in NY and you want to do some good in the world, save your money on hotels and crash at my place. It's 325 E 77th St -- btwn 1st and 2nd. It's furnished, with cable and wireless.

Do it for the orphans. Write your check to Raising Malawi and get a tax write-off to boot!

No comments: