Monday, December 03, 2007

Trip to Tuscany in 2000

OK, this video has nothing to do with Raising Malawi. Or anything really. But my friend just uploaded it to MySpace and I don't know where else to keep the code. So, here goes. There were 16 of us who voyaged to Tuscany in 2000. I found out about the trip at the last possible second and glommed on, like I always do when it comes to travel. I met most of these folks down there, but we had such a great time.

Soooo much great wine. I'm pretty sure I was posing for the opening shot passed out on the stairs. But it certainly captures the sentiment.

Anyway....It took you long enough to post this, Alisa.... (wink), but many thanks for the :59 reminder of an extraordinary trip!

Trailer for Tuscany 2K

Add to My Profile | More Videos

2 comments:

Lis said...

Everyone *told* me you were posing for it so I can't confirm or deny! I thought it brought certain dramatic air to the opening and well suited considering the pile (mountain) of wine bottles left behind. You were so memorable on that trip, if only for being the only person to take a taxi from Rome to Tuscany I've ever met...

Unknown said...

Haha! oh, riiight! I was quite the adverturer without a plan those days (as well as now). As I recall it, i flew in to Milan on miles and boarded a train for Tuscany.

I remember taking half an amazing homemade tomato and mozzerlla sandwich off of this steamy hot young Italian guy who took pity on my starving self. He spent the whole trip practicing English on me....calling his mom so she could practice English on me....etc.

I missed my stop and found myself in Sicily! I had no plan and not a lot of money on me....But I do recall an extraordinary full moon that night and a deep knowing inside that everything would be alright.

I remember you actually waited up Alisa! I was soooo happy to finally arrive and meet you ....at the crack of dawn ;)