Monday, September 22, 2008

Thanks Guys. Keep it Coming. Your Donations are Being Matched!

I made this low budget (no budget) video last weekend to help raise awareness and funds for the Home of Hope orphanage in Mchinji, Malawi. No time to perfect it (apologies for my gnawing voice/bad cadence). I only have a week and a half (till 10/1/08) to take advantage of a matching donation of $10,100.

As my own contribution, I'm giving hand-made canvas bags from Malawi to the first 50 people to donate at least $101.00. ($12 retail value). FYI, I'm letting the $100 donations slide in there too. But don't let me cap you! Maybe you'd like to support a whole orphan. That costs $1,400 per child per year. Or, perhaps now ain't such a good time, but you can forward my video around. Please help however you can.

Thanks to my donors so far - whose donation will be matched!

1. Miranda Soffian - $100
2. David Duncan - $101
3. Donna Bellamy - $125
4. Alise Starke - $150
5. Lee Ann Sierecki - $100
6. Donna Weiss - $10
7. Leah Reynolds - $100


ADDITIONAL DONATIONS TO DATE: $586

TOTAL TO BE MATCHED ON 10/1: $686

44 CANVAS BAGS LEFT!

And special thanks to the many of you who have forwarded my video to your own network!

No comments: