Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year! Literally.
Pictured: Baby Apostles Luke and Matthew, 2001.

Today, concentrate with all your heart on what you want in life. Train your brain to focus on positive goals: I want to be happy, I want to be healthy, I want to be aware. When you do, your whole body will vibrate to this frequency and all negative thoughts and feelings will slowly fade. It's called resonance. Let your body vibrate as a symphony. -Yehuda Berg's Daily Consciousness Tune-up

And if that doesn't work, a cold stiff drink oughta do the trick.
**
We're in the month of Capricorn now. It's one of the three most negative months of the year, energywise. You feeling it? I am. I have so much work to do and I'm finding it very hard to get motivated. Or, I'll take on a project and work it to death and get nowhere with it. It's so frustrating. It's hard to turn it off. I found I wanted to eat a lot today. And drink a lot. I am very proud to say I resisted both urges to numb this feeling. I sucked on a few Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pops instead till the anxiety passed.


-2-
Today is my dad's 60th birthday. I called him to wish him Happy New Year, Happy Birthday. We talked a little about life through the eyes of Bob Silka. It's a scary place.
-0-
He shared with me that if he were dictator of the world, he would put giant clocks everywhere. This way he could know how many more hours, minutes, seconds left till: the weekend...his vacation...his retirement. They don't call him Father Time for nothing.
-0-
I'm no better. (Well, actually, I'm a ton better than him, but whatever) I'm totally wasting time right now. It's hard to get it in gear. Time to shake a leg, baby!
-7-

Happy New Year!

No comments: