Sunday, January 28, 2007

Tonight is my birthday eve on the Gregorian/solar calendar. I share the date with my mentor, Oprah. I am 14 years younger than her. I am eating Chocolate Outrage cake. I brought it home from the Heartland Brewery after shopping in Union Square today for a backpack and books.

I bought, "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. A Malawi travel guide. "Looking for Lovedu: A Woman's Journey through Africa" by Ann Jones. "We wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families: Stories from Rwanda" by Philip Gourevitch (sigh...) and, "The Measure of a Man" by Sidney Poitier. It's Oprah's new book club book. I plan to read it and love it and join her for dinner. I made my first wish on that cake there that my upcoming vacation to Malawi helps me grow. I am going to watch my Lord of the Rings DVD now.

I am happy. :)

No comments: