Sunday, October 22, 2006

HAPPY DREAMS FULFILLED! 2006 GAME WON!

Not game over. Game won. We won the first game of the season...(Season of Giving)

I really do take this very seriously. This is just a checkpoint to say, good for us. We hit our goal -- or my goal, whatever -- to raise $25,000 by 12/25/06. I hope I inspired others to join me on this journey. So let's keep going...and let's see how our money gets put to use to actually flip this village in Gumulira.

I'm going to visit early next year and make a video report on the progress of the orphan care center and what's happening with the sustainable village program.

Many heart-felt thanks to each and every one of you, for each and every dollar you gave to make it possible to RAISE MALAWI.

The last donation came from David Duncan, who was inspired to get back on the ice (after a generous donation some months ago) and swing hard -- $1,390 hard -- to hit the puck in the net.

Thank you, D! (Go Leafs, Go!)

Keep the donations coming. I am wondering if we can hit $100,000 by 12/25/2007....... Let me dream on that one. It's really cool to imagine.

No comments: