Thursday, October 19, 2006










Sweet Home Chicago








Today, I had a breakthrough in consciousness. I wake up every day thinking, what can I do to help Raise Malawi? I've been busy with ideas (several I'll be sharing soon!) but I haven't gone deep into my own wallet. It was time.

Not to just give. But to give with the consciousness of making a difference in the world. Tonight, I am so humbled and priviledged to share that I was the channel for a $15,000 donation to Raising Malawi!

My likeminded new friend and teacher Yehuda guided me in the achieving the right consciousness. So, we got out a cauldron and boiled a dragon's eyelash and the balls of a righteous man.

Actually, we didn't do that cuz it's SO hard to find a righteous man in this city. But we did do an exercise of introspection to make certain that the gift was genuine and powerful and sourced from a higher place. Otherwise, its power/energy/ Light-in-the-world to make a difference would be limited.

I had forgotten till today that this money had actually manifested itself in Chicago earlier this year.

These pix are of my home at 2300 West Wabansia in Chicago. Hi old friend. I bought you in the 90s when there were drug needles on the ground and hookers working the key corners of my street. But, had Bucktown already regentrified? Was I buying too late and paying too much? Dare I say, not! You were too cool, my little loft condo. My little natural-wood, high-beamed giving tree.

And, you doubled my money. I thank you!

I sold you on April 3rd of this year because it was time. I needed to call my energy back from Chi-town. I'm a New Yorker now. You put me into bidding wars in only 3 days. And I sold you to a nice Polish-named guy cuz you gotta help the people.

So, why do I sing your praise? Because you earned me the top of the market. You definitely worked overtime for that extra little $15,000 kick.

Tonight, I give just some of that ceiling-high appreciation to the babies of Malawi. I make today's donation with the intention of unlocking the gates that have been seemingly jammed the past several weeks.

And, just a few hours ago I got a note from an old friend who offered a very generous donation and charitable matching from work. I can't wait to blog about it! The skies have cleared. I will share more about that donation (and hopefully others) once the pledge is made.

I am so happy to be part of this great movement.

No comments: