Saturday, October 28, 2006


My original goal

I make a birthday video every year where I evaluate my accomplishments against the previous year's goals and set new goals for the year.

I like a video format because it's more than goals. It's consciousness talking. I can see how I think, how I've grown. I can really see it when I look at my videos two or three years earlier. So, that makes me happy.

I found this clip from my 38th birthday earlier this year (1/29/68), where I first started to craft my charity goal for 2006. I like it, even though I look like hell. I like my determination. Goals don't manifest themselves without it. My driving motivation wasn't going to take me too far, though. Too much of a "fix thyself" mentality. I needed to experience the value and benefit of charity outside of myself -- envision the faces of the people I want to help. I couldn't see it then, but I see it now with Raising Malawi.

BYW, I mention in the beginning my "string broke." It's the red string we wear in kabbalah. It's infused with energy to protect you from the "Evil Eye"...from getting it or giving it. I know that sounds crazy to a lot of people, but think about it. When someone is jealous of you or gossips about you, it costs you energy just as much as when you put this energy out yourself. The red string we wear is wrapped around the tomb of Rachel the Matriarch, protector of humanity. It's her death anniversary next week, Nov 1st., so there'll be extra energy in the world that night to awaken that part of your own soul.

Anyway, here's my bday charity goal (1:19sec)



No comments: